Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Movers and Shakers

I was recently flipping through the June 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living and was pleasantly surprised to find this article on collecting vintage fruit and vegetable-shaped salt and pepper shakers:


Although only the first page features anthropomorphic shakers, this is still a step in the right direction. One thing I feel has been really lacking in the magazine is food with eyes. I always enjoy the collecting articles, especially when someone's unique collection is profiled. As I have not seen a food with eyes collection profiled yet, I would be happy to volunteer my collection, Martha.

Incidentally, these great shakers come from the the New York antique store Mood Indigo, which has a fantastic array of 1930s-50s kitchen and bar ware.


1 comment:

Bradpetehoops said...

Nice blog, have a great day.