Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Lil' Window Shopping

Last weekend I was window shopping in Saratoga Springs and the food with eyes was practically jumping out at me crying, "Buy me, Buy me!" But I held my ground and satisfied my anthropomorphic food desire by just taking some pictures. First, in G. Willikers I came across this adorable play set by Earlyears:






This Lil' Shopper Play Set consists of a happy banana, orange, apple, and cabbage (I would have said cauliflower, but it's definitely some type of Brassica oleracea) plus a faceless milk carton all packed up in a cloth grocery bag. It's heartening to know that some children will be introduced to anthropomorphic food and reusable bags. Perhaps there's hope for the future after all.

The next batch of tempting food with eye's items was found at Borders and is from Paperchase. This line features an array of kawaii-inspired treats.

First, notebooks in two sizes:

A plastic water bottle (I would have bought an aluminum one):


And a set of bookmarks:


I'm usually a sucker for bookmarks, but I managed to leave these in the store. Perhaps next time I'll give in.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I can't believe you didn't buy that adorable Lil' Shopper set!